Sunday 22 September 2013

IM BACK!!

OK! so I kind of lost my way, I spent  the summer in NY again at camp having the most amazing time. 10 days training, 9 weeks of hard grafting followed by 4 days of chilling on a New Jersey beach.

EPIC!!

Only It seems I can't travel for long without something going wrong...

I love spending my summers in America, who wouldn't want to get paid to sun it and look after some of the funniest kids I have ever met? 
But here is what happened, remember the plans of adding an extra 5 states onto the ones I had already been to? well the plan was underway until me and my friend Adam hit a wall, neither of us were over 25. This meant that no matter what, the cost of hiring a car was going to be ridiculous. So a friend of ours decided to join in the fun, he was 25. BONUS! not only will we get to travel with our friend but he can be the main driver on the car so that it will be cheap. 

Only the day or two before we left camp, he tells us that his driving licence was back in the UK. Idiot! The travelling plans from then went to absolute crap. Luckily with some quick thinking we ended up in Seaside Heights at the Jersey Shore. Sounds great doesn't it? But i still had a flight booked for 10 days after our trip to the beach. 

Everyone managed to change their flights to an earlier day except for me, WARNING! MAKE SURE WHEN BOOKING WITH SKYSCANNER THAT YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR FLIGHT, EVEN AT A COST!  I couldn't, I was told that no matter what, I would have to buy a new flight. This involved me having to borrow money from a friend back home so that I could buy a brand new flight. I'm quite glad actually because I got to go home via Iceland, the 11 hour layover and extra 4 hour delay was not welcome mind. 

Finally I got home, It's very stressful to travel.

Till next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment